UK Athletics/Run Britain event licence number 2020-40046 (results will appear on Power of 10)
Certificate of Course Accuracy 19/256
After careful consideration following the release of the latest guidelines from Run Britain and UK Athletics on Road Races and their regulations regarding licences, Bideford Amateur Athletic Club will sadly be unable to hold the Bideford 10k in September. In these ongoing uncertain times when the need for social distancing is essential, this decision has been reached with the safety of runners and the wider community being the highest priority. We apologise to the runners who were looking forward to taking part and look forward to welcoming you back to our races in the future.
For those who have entered the Bideford 10k, we will be in touch with transfer and refund options, but we kindly ask you to bear with us while we get these processes in place.
The course starts and finishes very close to the Bideford Amateur Athletic Club clubhouse and takes in magnificent views of the Taw and Torridge estuary. The course is heads out on roads and returns on the Tarka Trail. The race is moderately flat with only two small inclines. View the course
Medals, prizes and trophies…
- All finishers will receive a t-shirt and medal
- Cash prizes for the first three male and female finishers (£100/£90/£80)
- Champagne for the first male and female finishers
- Category trophies for: U20 male and female: 1st only; Senior female to V70 female: 1st, 2nd and 3rd; Senior male to V75 male: 1st, 2nd and 3rd
All prizes and trophies will be available at the prize presentation in the clubhouse. All race positions and category trophies are based on gun to chip times
- Online entries and race transfers close Thursday 17 September 2020, 11pm or when race reaches capacity, 1,500 runners
- Information on how to transfer your race place or update your details (such as contact details including postal address)
- T-shirt sizes will be allocated as per the original entry and can only be substituted after all finishers T-shirts have been handed out after the race. We aim to supply the size requested to all runners but they are not guaranteed
- Race assembly is at 10.20am, at the entrance of Riverbank car park which is close to the Bideford Amateur Athletic Club clubhouse. Race start 10.30am
- Please take the time to read the Race T&Cs, Cancellation policy and Race cut-off times
- Baggage store, changing facilities and showers will be available in the clubhouse. Portable toilets will be outside and clearly signposted. There are also public toilets on the quay and by Riverbank car park.
- Refreshments will be available throughout the day at the clubhouse and the club bar will be open from 12noon.
- Pay and display car parking is within walking distance of the clubhouse and race start including the Cattle Market car park (EX39 2QG) and Riverbank car park (EX39 2QS). Competitors are requested not to park in the nearby Morrisons.