A great fun event for our members supporting our local clubs and their races. The 16 qualifying races are listed below and the best seven will count towards you scoring. This must include one of the designated parkruns and double points for Weston Christmas Cracker.
Race category prizes will be presented in the bar at an agreed day after the league is complete.
As we are part way through the 2018 season with races already full and entered, this year will be a trial and placings will count from May to December only. If it’s popular and successful we will run for the whole of 2019
January: Braunton 10 Mile
February: Castle Hill Corker
April: Taunton Half Marathon
Friday 4 May 2018: Torrington Round the Tree
Sunday 6 May 2018: Hartland Hartbreaker (9m)
Sunday 20 May 2018: Arlington Court Canter (10k)
Monday 28 May 2018: Bampton to Tiverton
Wednesday 13 June 2018: Bude Lifeboat Run
TBC July 2018: Ilfracombe Turbine Trail
Sunday 9 September 2018: Bude Pirate Run
Sunday 30 September 2018: Barnstaple Half Marathon
TBC October 2018: South Molton Struggle
TBC November 2018: Combe Crawler
Sunday 9 December 2018: Weston Christmas Cracker (10k) double points race!
TBC December 2018: Torrington Christmas Caper
Grand prix league rules:
- Strictly fully paid active club members only
- Points are awarded for club placings in each race, 100 points for first, 99 for second etc
- To place in the grand prix league you need to compete in at least seven of the qualifiying races. For those who run more than this the best seven times count towards the final results
- The vets team for ladies and men starts at age 45
- As always for races please wear club colours and enter as Bideford AAC