This page contains information for our members, please ensure you read and are familiar with the Code of Conduct for athletes and if applicable the Code of Conduct for parents/people with parental responsibility
Entering events and races
It is important you list your club as Bideford AAC (not Bideford Blues, Bideford Amateur Athletic Club or BAAC).
You must wear club kit at all races including club events.
Club kit is essential for races but not training nights, it is available to purchase from committee members at the clubhouse or the North Devon Hospice Shop in Chingswell Street, Bideford. Cash payment only please. For every item sold at the shop the North Devon Hospice receives a small donation. Items include:
Hoodies with club crest to the front – adult £23
Navy zip-up hoodies with club crest to the front – adult £26
Hoodies without club crest – adult £17 / youth £14 / child (3-5yrs) £10
Flourescent bib – one size £5
Ronhill tech vest – adult £13.50
Ronhill tech t-shirt – adult £15 / youth (6-12yrs) £10
The stock is regularly checked and there are a wide range of styles and sizes for children and adults. However if you need something in a different size which the shop does not have in stock please get in touch.
England Athletic Affiliation
Harrier club members also have the option to become registered with England Athletics. This runs from 1 April to 31 March annually, the membership cost is £15. The main benefit is that you receive a Competitors Licence number which usually gives you a minimum £2 discount per race you enter. It is becoming more common that you require EA registration to run races as affiliated to Bideford AAC. Therefore this additional membership is recommended if you take part in races throughout the year.
More information on England Athletics membership benefits
Harriers – keep up to date with club notices and events by
- Checking the clubhouse noticeboard which includes committee meeting minutes, member notices and info on upcoming events
- Ensure we have an email address so we can send a summary of our monthly committee meetings to you
- Visiting our website
- Like our Facebook page and join our private Facebook family group to chat and see member notices
- We also have a running club on Strava
Can you help?
Bideford AAC is run on a voluntary basis with members and helpers giving their time for free in many different ways:
- Coaching or running training sessions (seniors and juniors)
- Joining the club, harrier or rowing committee (typically meeting once per month)
- Our club events and three races take a lot of planning and organisation including marshalling, timing, drink stations, clubhouse refreshments to name just a few
- Helping out behind the bar one night approximately every six weeks (Monday to Thursday only)
If would like to help to continue the success of the club and help us to offer more please get in touch.