Come and join us, hangovers at own discretion!
Tuesday 1 January 2019, 10.30am registration, 11am start
Seniors £3 | Juniors £1.50*
All members and guest welcome.
View the course. Prizes for all finishes.
Don’t forget to bring a plate of food to share and join us in the bar afterwards.
*Juniors are welcome to run the 4 mile senior route or the 2 mile junior course, for both distances each junior must be accompanied by an adult for the whole run
Did you take part in one or more of our races in 2016 or 2017 but were unable to complete all three races so did not complete the medal collection?
Now’s your chance to qualify for the medal or medals you missed by completing a virtual run of your missed distance – Half Marathon, 10k and 10 Miler. But only limited medals are available.
With our Virtual Runs your entered race distance can be run at any time before 1 May 2019, it can be a social/training run or race, at any location and at any pace, all you have to do is provide Bideford AAC with evidence that you have done it! This can be by sharing your GPS tracked run (ie Garmin, Strava or Fitbit activity), or a race result. Once we have received and verified this we will post your medal to you.
To qualify for the Virtual Run you must have completed at least one other Bideford AAC race in the year of the medal run you have entered (Bideford Half Marathon, Bideford 10k or Bideford 10 Miler). The distance must be completed after the date you have have entered the Virtual Run. Participants can only enter each virtual run once and qualify for one medal.
Each year our medals have been unique to each race and stack together, in 2016 the medals were bronze and in 2017 they were silver.
Entry fees just cover our costs, postage and packing as well as a £2 donation to Children’s Hospice South West, but if you are a local runner and able to collect your medal from our clubhouse we will also donate the postage to CHSW too!
Virtual Runs terms and conditions
- To qualify for the Virtual Run you must have completed at least one other Bideford AAC race in the year of the medal you have entered (Bideford Half Marathon, Bideford 10k, Bideford 10 Miler).
- Participants can only enter each virtual run once and qualify for one medal. Duplicate entries will not receive more than one medal.
- The distance must be completed after the date you have have entered the Virtual Run and before 1 May 2019.
Participants must be age 15 to run the Bideford 10k and age 17 to run the Bideford 10 Miler or Half Marathon
- Entry fees are non-refundable.
- Run places can not be transferred between runners, deferred or transferred to another of our races.
- All participants take part at their own risk, Bideford Amateur Athletic Club, or any party acting on their behalf, cannot be held responsible for any injuries, loss, damages or expense which may arise in consequence of your participation in this event.
- All participants will be treated as having completed the Virtual Run once the required evidence of your completion of the run has been received by Bideford Amateur Athletic Club. Examples of the required evidence are stated on each run entry website page. Any question as to whether sufficient evidence is provided will be determined solely at the discretion of Bideford Amateur Athletic Club. We will send the race medal(s) to each participant who provides the required evidence of completion. Medals are sent by post within a reasonable time of completing the race to the address provided by you during the race entry process. It is your responsibility to ensure that your address and any other details are correct and we will not be responsible or liable to you if these details are incorrect.
- Personal information provided when entering events, such as your contact details, date of birth, gender and emergency contact details, will be used for race administration and health and safety. Bideford Amateur Athletic Club and/or the Online Race Entry Provider may send email communications, postal mail and texts to race entrants regarding event participation as we have a legitimate interest in providing you with essential information and race updates.
- Bideford Amateur Athletic Club’s decision is final.
- Bideford Amateur Athletic Club reserves the right to update theses terms and conditions at any time.
Friday 19 April 2019
Our annual members only relay event around Victoria Park of mixed teams (typically two males, one female and one junior). Every runner gets an Easter Egg and it’s free to enter. A fun-filled morning starting with the children’s fun run in Victoria Park.
Find out more
2020 date to be confirmed 10.30am start
Talk about a swift half!
Online entries not yet open
Kindly sponsored by:
The course starts and finishes very close to Bideford Amateur Athletic Club and takes in magnificent countryside alongside the River Torridge between Bideford and Great Torrington. The course is half on roads and half on the Tarka Trail, you even get to run through a tunnel. The race is moderately flat, with one small hill section. View the course. Download the Race Programme.
Find out more
Relay race series where North Devon running clubs compete against each other, please arrive at 7pm for 7.30pm start. Each participating club hosts a race. Please wear club colours.
Wednesday 1 May – South Molton Strugglers, Community College
TUESDAY 21 May – Fremington Trailblazers, Instow Cricket Club
TUESDAY 4 June – Ilfracombe Running Club, Ilfracombe Football Club
TUESDAY 18 June – North Devon Road Runners, Park School
Wednesday 3 July – Torrington AAC, Torrington Rugby Club
Wednesday 24 July – Bideford AAC, Cattle Market Car Park – new route
Juniors: due to course safety we advise juniors must be Year 7 or above to compete in the North Devon Relays
Teams of four for Senior Men, Vet Men, Men Over 50;
Teams of three for Men Over 55, Senior and Vet Ladies, Junior Boys and Girls
North Devon Relays race rules | More information and results can be found on the North Devon Relays website
At each event club members will need to organise their teams
Bideford AAC team sheets | Timing Sheets
View past North Devon Relay race results
Thursday 25 April • Thursday 16 May • Thursday 30 May • Thursday 6 June • Thursday 27 June • Thursday 18 July
6.30pm registration, first runner 7pm
Start times (not listed? Just see Gary Suggate or get in touch)
Junior race results • Senior race results • Points table
A great fun and social club event where anyone could be the winner and win prizes! Six races run over the same demanding course with runners setting off at staggered times depending on running ability; the slowest first and the fastest last with the aim that everyone finishes at about the same time.
Race category prizes are presented in the bar after each run* and series category prizes are awarded after the last race with a commemorative gift for all eligible members (please see race rules below). We are pleased to announce that for 2019 the seniors and juniors (Year 7 and above) commemorative gift will be a technical Bideford AAC t-shirt.
Find out more