• The Bideford AAC Running Section was founded in 1980 by Geoff Fanson and Barrie White and offers opportunities for both recreational and competitive running. Our Tuesday and Thursday night runs are of mixed ability and pace (it really is a misconception you need to be quick to join). Runners who are interested in joining are welcome to try sessions to see if it’s for them. For Junior Athletics and Running children must be age 9 and above.

    The Running Section is affiliated to England Athletics, Association of Running Clubs, South of England Athletic Association and Devon County Athletics Association.

    For more information please get in touch.

London Marathon

Joining approximately 36,000 participants our runners delivered some really outstanding results with 3 coming in under 3 hours and within the top 2%!
Ian Gooding ran 02:35:48 (11th in this category, gender position 101, overall position 102 within the top 1%), Ronnie Richmond was close behind in 02:37:52 (gender position 141, overall position 142 again within the top 1%), Gary Suggate 02:52:22 (within the top 2%), Daniel Butler 03:23:10, Brent Colvin 03:24:00, Sara Colvin 04:08:23, Andrew Wilson 04:25:09, Hannah Blaney 05:10:55
Very proud, congratulations to everyone of you!

Taunton Marathon

Robbie Murray 03:26:02, Cy Margieson 03:34:24, Alan Wilson 03:40:32 (10th in category), Annette Wilson 03:40:32 (8th lady & qualifying for Good for Age for London Marathon), Tim Calcutt 03:56:55 (pb)

Taunton Half Marathon

Arron Kearney 01:25:38 (24th overall, 13th in category), Daniel Butler (01:33:01), Alec McLaren 01:34:29 (5th in category) , Kevin Evans 01:46:13, James Jewell 01:47:52 (pb), Candace Jewell 01:49:04 (11th in category, pb) , Dale Wilson 01:49:49, Sue Pennington 01:50:21, Steve Heywood 01:50:22, Chris Williams 01:50:34, Paul Sturtridge 01:54:50, Alan Heard 01:56:07, Samantha Barnbrook 01:57:07, Jo Hedderly 02:00:32, Leaha Davey 02:00:37, Doug Jenkins 02:01:07, David Eldridge 02:03:05, Kim Jenkin 02:03:19

Tavy 13, Tavistock Half Marathon

Shaun Antell 01:13:55 (1st overall and in category), Jamie Blackman 01:29:02, Andrew Pearson 01:33:33, Daniel Butler 01:39:53, Paul Jennings 01:42:34 (3rd in category)

Bideford AAC also claimed 1st for the team prize

Arlington Court Canter 10k

Mark Jenkin (1st overall) 00:35:55, Chris Stone 00:42:23 (2nd in category), Arron Kearney 00:42:38, Brian Andrew 00:44:57, Peter John Rigler 00:47:48 (2nd in category), Lisa Cetinkaya 00:56:32 (2nd in category), Steve Heywood 00:56:45, Lorrie Woolgar 00:58:16 (3rd in category), Karen Curry 01:09:51, Eric Hubber 01:09:51