A great fun member event with a touch of competitiveness where anyone could be the winner and win prizes! Races are over the same demanding course with runners setting off at staggered times depending on running ability; the slowest first and the fastest last with the aim that everyone finishes at roughly the same time. You will need to run 4 of the 6 races to complete the series and place in the overall series results. For those taking part and paying for the whole series, or volunteering in 4 or more races, there will be a commemorative gift.
Race 1: Thursday 11 May • Race 2: Thursday 25 May • Race 3: Thursday 1 June • Race 4: Thursday 29 June • Race 5: Thursday 13 July • Race 6: Thursday 27 July
Under year 7 junior race, 6pm in Victoria Park, £5 per person for the series
Year 7 and above junior races, registration 6.30pm, first runner 7pm, £15 per person for the series
Race category prizes are presented in the bar after each run and are only available for collection in person at the presentation after the race. Series category prizes will be presented after the last race.
Junior prize presentation: approx. 8.10pm in the clubhouse after the senior race
Senior prize presentation: approx. 8.45pm in the bar over a drink or two!
There is a raffle at each race and prize donation are gratefully received
- Strictly fully paid active club members only
- Juniors must be in Year 7 and above to run the junior course. At the Junior Coaches discretion those in Year 11 and above may be able to run the senior course.
- This is a club event and to show it is an organised event and help marshals identity runners please wear your club T-shirt or vest, not our race t-shirts (kit is available to purchase from the clubhouse).
- Run 4 races to complete the senior or junior series and place in the overall series results. Those who run 5 or 6 races, the best 4 times count towards your final results.
- There will be a commemorative gift for those taking part and paying for the whole series, or volunteering in 4 or more races. Volunteers must be officially recorded before the race. The junior commemorative gift may differ from the senior series gift.
- The vets team age will set by the Series Organiser to ensure even senior and vet teams.
Volunteers including marshals are needed for this event to go ahead. If there are not enough marshals races may not be able to go ahead! Entrants are encouraged to marshal 1 race.
Participants take part at their own risk, Bideford AAC accept no liability for loss, damage, action, claim, costs or expenses, which may arise in consequence of participation in the events.