5 November 2020 (updates in red)
Sadly from Thursday 5 November the bar will be closed until further notice (hopefully early December).
On re-opening, once allowed, the following guidelines for Bideford AAC members using the bar will apply.
The clubhouse bar is open for members only on Thursday, Friday and Saturday from 7pm and closed by 10pm (absolute last orders 9.30pm). Contactless payment is available. Please read the rules of use below:
- Do not enter the clubhouse if you, someone in your household (including your support bubble) or anyone you have been in contact with has tested positive for COVID-19, has any symptoms or if you are self-isolating following government guidelines/NHS Test and Trace. You should stay at home. If you test positive or become symptomatic and have been to the clubhouse you must report this to the club immediately.
- If you have travelled abroad, please follow government self-isolation guidelines before coming to the club. If self-isolation is not required, please allow 48 hours before returning
- Bideford AAC is operating as a members-only club. Sorry, no guests will be allowed on the premise until further notice.
- Please adhere to social distancing guidelines and follow club arrows and signs at all times.
- Face coverings: must be worn on entering the clubhouse and until you are seated at your table in the bar area. Please also wear a face covering when using the toilets and exiting the bar and clubhouse. The bar staff/volunteers will also be wearing a face covering and/or visors at all times.
- Sanitise hands upon entering the club/bar area. This also includes on re-entering after leaving, even if only for a short period.
- People exiting the bar will have priority going down the stairs. On entering the club to go up to the bar area please check the stairs are clear. NO CROSSING OVER ON THE STAIRS.
- The bar is now a designated seating area (maximum 22), no more than 4 people around one table. There will be no seating or standing allowed at the bar counter. Please do not move furniture. Sorry, no seat available you will have to leave the premises.
- Table service only, drinks will be ordered from and served at you table, payment by contactless (encouraged) or cash. Do not go to the bar counter to order, pay or collect your drink.
- After finishing your drink please place your glass in the basket at the far end of the bar counter. Do not queue for this area, wait for it to be clear.
- The bar staff/volunteers will clean each table once vacated.
- Only one person in the toilets at a time. Please wear a face covering and do not congregate in the corridors or bar walkways.
- There are no changing or showering facilities at the clubhouse; do not use toilets for changing.
- Please respect our bar staff/volunteers as without them, we would not be able to open.
Once again, your committee has been working non-stop to make our club come to life again. We are taking little steps and we are having more meetings to keep everything under review. Please refer back on our website and/or follow us on Facebook as we will keep all members updated.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to get in touch with your section committees or Club Secretary Tracey Pearce.