2020 date to be confirmed 10.30am start
Talk about a swift half!
Online entries not yet open
The course starts and finishes very close to Bideford Amateur Athletic Club and takes in magnificent countryside alongside the River Torridge between Bideford and Great Torrington. The course is half on roads and half on the Tarka Trail, you even get to run through a tunnel. The race is moderately flat, with one small hill section. View the course. Download the Race Programme.
Medals, prizes and trophies…
- All finishers will receive a t-shirt and medal – run all three of our races and your medals will stack together! Our 2019 medals will be a different colour to those in 2016, 2017 and 2018. The half marathon is the first race in the series.
- For this year only to celebrate our 25th Bideford Half there will be cash prizes for the first 10 male and female finishers with a £200 first prize! Break the male / female course record for an extra £50 (male 01:06:09, female 01:17:15)
- Champagne for the first runner in each category
- Category trophies for: U20 male and female: 1st only; Senior female to V70 female: 1st, 2nd and 3rd; Senior male to V80 male: 1st, 2nd and 3rd
- Trophy for best single fancy dress
All prizes and trophies will be available at the prize presentation in the clubhouse. All race positions and category trophies are based on gun to chip times
- Online entries and race transfers close Thursday 28 February 2019, 11pm or when race reaches capacity, 1,500 runners. Entries made after Thursday 21 February will need to collect there race pack on the day
- Information on how to transfer your race place or update your details (such as contact details including postal address)
- Any transfers on entries originally made before Wednesday 6 February will have the original runners name and T-shirt size on the race number. T-shirt sizes will be allocated as per the original entry and can only be substituted after all finishers T-shirts have been handed out after the race.
- Race assembly is outside the clubhouse at 10.20am, race start 10.30am
- Race cut off time: 3 hours 15 minutes, the route will not be marshalled after this time and entrants will be considered DNF. Runners must train and prepare to finish the race within this cut off time.
- Please take the time to read our Race T&Cs, Cancellation policy and Race cut-off times
- Baggage store, changing facilities and showers will be available in our clubhouse. Toilets (portaloos only) will be outside and clearly signposted. There are also public toilets on the quay and by Riverbank car park.
- Refreshments will be available throughout the day at the clubhouse and the club bar will be open from 12noon.
Pay and display car parking is within walking distance of the clubhouse and race start including the Cattle Market car park (EX39 2QG) and Riverbank car park (EX39 2QS). Competitors are requested not to park in the nearby Morrisons.