Welcome to the Bideford Amateur Athletic Club locally known as Bideford Blues. Predominantly a running and rowing club we offer senior and junior recreational and competitive opportunities. We're friendly, sociable and warmly welcome members of all abilities; our clubhouse offers our members excellent training and social facilities.
Bideford AAC is run on a voluntary basis with all coaches, officials, committee members and helpers giving their time for free.
The club was formed in 1870 as a gymnastic club and in 1897 the Rowing Section was born. It wasn’t until 1980 that Geoff Fanson and Barry White founded the present day Running Section.
Bideford 10 Miler 2019
Sunday 3 November 2019
Bideford Half Marathon 2020
Sunday 8 March 2020
Bideford 10k 2020
Sunday 10 May 2020
ENTRIES OPEN SOON
ENTRIES OPEN SOON
Joining Bideford AAC
Tuesday and Thursday 6pm, group runs, 4-5 miles, all members welcome, approx one hour
Tuesday and Thursday 7.15pm group runs, 3-4 miles.
Wednesday 6pm, coached training sessions for mixed abilities
Wednesday 6pm from January to April (ish), 9/10 mile non-stop run.
You are very welcome to try a few sessions before committing to joining. There is no additional charge for any of our training groups or sessions, all coaches and group leaders are volunteers and give their time for free. We can also offer advanced training sessions for faster runners.
Please get in touch with the rowing section as training depends on tide times.
For rowing children must be age 11 and above.
For athletics/running children must be age 9 and above, however there is currently a waiting list and we are unable to take your child's details before their 9th birthday.
- Eden Project Half Marathon13 October 2019Jim Murray 1:43:24, Amy Hawkes 1:49:01 (1st in category), Michelle Bright 1:53:57
- Eden Project Marathon13 October 2019Ian Gooding 4th in 3:04:44 (2nd in category)
- Westward League Cross Country – Plymouth6 October 2019
Senior ladies (5340m): Julie Dixon 5th in 21:00, Leanne Glover 25:02, Helen Colwill 27:48, Edwina Stevenson 29:41
U13 girls (2570m): Ailis Temple-Thurston 10:31
U11 girls (1640m): Freya Woodhead 5:57
Senior men (8680m): Ronnie Richmond 2nd in 29:11, James Pugsley 31:03, Mark Jenkin 31:11, Ian Gooding 31:41, Andy Ingle 32:13
U17 men (5340m): Flynn Jennings 17:40, William Figes 22:04
U15 boys (3240m): Jamie Milsom 12:07, James Figes 14:22
- Plymouth Britain’s Ocean City 10k6 October 2019Steve Gallienne was 1st in 0:31:56, Frank Dunlop 1:07:51
- Taunton 10k29 September 2019Julie Dixon 0:38:44, Julia Glover 1:08:18
- Barnstaple Half Marathon29 September 2019Jim Kirk 1:21:54, Gary Blight 1:24:36, Mark Curtis 1:33:38, Tori Loze 1:36:02, Andrew Webbe 1:42:59, Sarah Tate 1:51:52, Cy Margieson 1:57:35, Kim Jenkin 2:05:15, Frank Dunlop 2:36:29