Race terms and conditions
All running races, Bideford Half Marathon, Bideford 10k and Bideford 10 Miler, are held under ARC Rules of Competition or UKA Rules of Competition depending upon the race licence held. Entrants are required to abide by the race rules and the following terms and conditions, which are intended to help ensure the safety of all competitors:
- On race day competitors must undertake a self-assessment for COVID-19; competitors must not travel to or attend the event if test positive, have any COVID-19 symptoms or have been in contact with anyone who has.
- Affiliated Club entries must be members of a UKA or ARC affiliated running club only (tri-clubs and running groups are not eligible for affiliated entry).
- Competitors must be age 15 to run the Bideford 10k and age 17 to run the Bideford 10 Miler or Half Marathon.
- Entry fees are non-refundable.
- Race places can be transferred between runners until the race deadline, but can not be deferred or transferred to another of our races.
- Those entering with ‘undisclosed’ gender will not be eligible for race category prizes
- It is against UKA Rules for Competition, ARC Rules of Competition as well as Bideford AAC race rules to run wearing another entrants’ number or without an officially registered race entry and number. Any such runners will be disqualified from the race and both runners could be subject to disciplinary action by the appropriate National Association.
- No walkers, dogs or wheeled devices including pushchairs or baby joggers permitted. Runners ignoring this rule will be disqualified.
- On open road sections competitors should run no more than two abreast, runners ignoring this rule will be disqualified.
- All participants take part at their own risk, Bideford Amateur Athletic Club, or any party acting on their behalf, cannot be held responsible for any injuries, loss, damages or expense which may arise in consequence of your participation in this event.
- For your safety and that of all runners strictly no headphones and earphones (including bone conducting versions) during the race. If a marshal sees a runner wearing headphones or earphones the runner’s number will be noted and they will be removed from the results.
- The half marathon only has a cut-off time, 3 hours 15 minutes; the route will not be marshalled after this time and participants will be considered DNF.
- We regret that courses are unsuitable for wheelchairs.
- Any video footage or photographs taken during the race may be used to promote Bideford Amateur Athletic Club and their races.
- Bideford Amateur Athletic Club reserves the right to change the course, race date and/or time, or make any other amendment that they deem necessary to stage the race. Any change will be communicated to all participants as soon as possible. Should the event date be changed, your registration will be automatically transferred to the new date.
- Personal information provided when entering events, such as your contact details, date of birth, gender and emergency contact details, will be used for race administration and health and safety. Bideford Amateur Athletic Club and/or the Online Race Entry and Timing Provider may send email communications, postal mail and texts to race entrants regarding event participation as we have a legitimate interest in providing you with essential information and race updates.
- The Race Director’s decision is final.
- Bideford Amateur Athletic Club reserves the right to update these terms and conditions at any time or before race day.
Race cancellation policy
Whilst it is unlikely Bideford Amateur Athletic Club would have to cancel a race, the possibility does exist due to severe weather, advice by Public Health England or other Government body, Police incident or similar circumstances beyond our control. Under such circumstances, Bideford Amateur Athletic Club regrets that it is highly unlikely that any refund of the race fee, or other expense incurred, would be made. In all probability, the full cost of staging the race would have incurred at this point.
If possible, where sufficient notice is available, Bideford Amateur Athletic Club would endeavour to reschedule the race and permit existing entries to stand. Failing that any financial surplus generated as a result of race cancellation will be given to our nominated race charities.
Race cut off times
The Bideford Half Marathon has a cut off time of 3 hours 15 minutes, the route will not be marshalled after this time and entrants will be considered DNF. Runners must train and prepare to finish the race within this cut off time.