This page contains information for members, please ensure you read and are familiar with the Code of Conduct for athletes and if applicable the Code of Conduct for parents/people with parental responsibility
Entering events and races
It is important you list your club as Bideford AAC (not Bideford Blues, Bideford Amateur Athletic Club or BAAC).
You must wear club kit at all races including club events.
If asked for the Bideford AAC club’s England Athletics affiliation reference this is 2657673. Please note this is not the same as England Athletics Athlete Registration.
Club kit is available to order online or in-store for delivery or collection from Daw’s Clothing at Affinity Devon Outlet Shopping! If you’re unsure of the size you can also pop into the shop to try samples and order and pay for your kit instore. View and purchase here today!
Ronhill racing/training vests and t-shirts are only available from the clubhouse
Premium Soar vest can be ordered direct from Soar; select either the female or male vest from this page and then Bideford and size from the drop downs.
England Athletics Athlete Registration
Running Section members have the option of England Athletics Athlete Registration. This runs from 1 April to 31 March annually and costs £17. You receive a Competitors Licence number with a Unique Registration Number (URN) which means you are eligible to complete as Bideford AAC in UK Athletics/Run Britain licensed road races. It gives you discounted road race entry and other exclusive offers and discounts. EA Athlete Registration is required to be eligible for some competitions/championships such as Track and Field and Cross Country. England Athletics registration also means runners have a Power of 10 profile and Run Britain Ranking which provides information on your race results and running performances.
More information on England Athletics Athlete Registration
Runners – keep up to date with club notices and events by
- Checking the clubhouse noticeboard which includes committee meeting minutes, member notices and info on upcoming events
- Ensure we have an email address to receive regular updates
- Like the Facebook page and join the private members Facebook family group to chat and see member notices
- Join our Strava running group
- Visiting our website
Club London Marathon place
Each year Bideford AAC Running Section is allocated London Marathon club place(s) by England Athletics. The number of places allocated is dependent upon the number of senior members individually affiliated with England Athletics. To qualify and apply for the club London Marathon place applicants must meet the following criteria and applications should be made in writing or via email:
- A fully paid Bideford AAC member and a fully paid athlete registered with England Athletics
- Attended the Running Section Annual General Meeting preceding the draw
- Applied personally for a London Marathon place and be able to supply their rejection letter/email
- Assisted at a minimum of two Club events during the 12 months preceding the draw with examples supplied
- Cannot previously have been drawn and accepted a club marathon place
Can you help?
Bideford AAC is run by volunteers with members and helpers giving their time for free in many different ways:
- Coaching or running training sessions (seniors and juniors)
- Joining the club, running or rowing committee (typically meeting once per month)
- Our club events and three races take a lot of planning and organisation including marshalling, timing, drink stations, clubhouse refreshments to name just a few
- Helping out behind the bar one night approximately every four weeks (Monday to Thursday only)
If would like to help to continue the success of the club and help to offer more please get in touch.