This page contains information for members, please ensure you read and are familiar with the Code of Conduct for athletes and if applicable the Code of Conduct for parents/people with parental responsibility
Entering events and races
It is important you list your club as Bideford AAC (not Bideford Blues, Bideford Amateur Athletic Club or BAAC).
You must wear club kit at all races including club events.
Club kit is essential for races but not training nights, it is available to purchase from committee members at the clubhouse or the North Devon Hospice Shop in Mill Street, Bideford (cash payment only please). For every item sold at the shop the North Devon Hospice receives a small donation. Items include:
Hoodies with club crest to the front – adult £23
Navy zip-up hoodies with club crest to the front – adult £26
Hoodies without club crest – adult £17 / youth £14 / child (3-5yrs) £10
Flourescent bib – one size £5
Ronhill tech vest – adult £13.50
Ronhill tech t-shirt – adult £15 / youth (6-12yrs) £10
The stock is regularly checked and there are a wide range of styles and sizes for children and adults. However if you need something in a different size which the shop does not have in stock please get in touch.
England Athletic affiliation
Running Section members also have the option to become individually registered with England Athletics, the membership and development body for athletics and running clubs in England. This runs from 1 April to 31 March annually and costs £15. You receive a Competitors Licence number with a Unique Registration Number (URN) which means you are eligible to complete as Bideford AAC in UK Athletics/Run Britain licensed road races and gives a minimum £2 discount per race entry. Therefore this additional membership is recommended if you take part in races throughout the year. England Athletics members are also entered onto the Power of 10 which provides information on your race results and running performances.
More information on England Athletics membership benefits
Runners – keep up to date with club notices and events by
- Checking the clubhouse noticeboard which includes committee meeting minutes, member notices and info on upcoming events
- Ensure we have an email address to receive a summary of monthly committee meetings and updates
- Visiting our website
- Like the Facebook page and join the private members Facebook family group to chat and see member notices
- There is also a running club on Strava
Club London Marathon place
Each year Bideford AAC Running Section is allocated London Marathon club place(s) by England Athletics. The number of places allocated is dependent upon the number of senior members individually affiliated with England Athletics. To qualify and apply for the club London Marathon place applicants must meet the following criteria and applications should be made in writing or via email:
- A fully paid Bideford AAC member and a fully paid athlete registered with England Athletics
- Attended the Running Section Annual General Meeting preceding the draw
- Applied personally for a London Marathon place and be able to supply their rejection letter/email
- Assisted at a minimum of two Club events during the 12 months preceding the draw with examples supplied
- Cannot previously have been drawn and accepted a club marathon place
Can you help?
Bideford AAC is run on a voluntary basis with members and helpers giving their time for free in many different ways:
- Coaching or running training sessions (seniors and juniors)
- Joining the club, running or rowing committee (typically meeting once per month)
- Our club events and three races take a lot of planning and organisation including marshalling, timing, drink stations, clubhouse refreshments to name just a few
- Helping out behind the bar one night approximately every four weeks (Monday to Thursday only)
If would like to help to continue the success of the club and help to offer more please get in touch.