Thinking of joining a rowing or running club?
Our club membership is very reasonable and runs annually from 1 January – 31 December. Please get in touch for more information.
Active harrier/runner and rower club membership: senior single: £35, senior joint: £50, junior (under 18): £20
Social club membership: senior single: £7, over 60s: £3.50
Rowing membership: (in addition to above) £20 senior, £10 junior
Running membership: (in addition to above) £5 junior
England Athletic Affiliation: (optional, harriers/runners only) £15
Tuesday and Thursday 6pm, group runs, 4-5 miles, all members welcome, approx one hour
Tuesday and Thursday 6pm, coached training sessions for advanced runners
Tuesday and Thursday 7.15pm group runs, 3-4 miles.
Wednesday 6pm, coached training sessions for mixed abilities
Wednesday 6pm from January to April (ish), 9/10 mile non-stop run.
Please come along and try a few sessions before committing to joining. Please get in touch for more information.
There is no additional charge for any of our training groups or sessions.
Please get in touch with the rowing section as training depends on tide times.
For rowing children must be age 11 and above.
For athletics/running children must be age 9 and above, however there is currently a waiting list and we are unable to take your child’s details before their 9th birthday. Juniors train on Tuesday and Thursday, 6pm for one hour. Junior athletes also need to complete this consent form and to hand to the coach at their first training session.
If you are interested in the junior section please get in touch
Clubhouse and facilities
Members benefit from the use of the clubhouse which is a dry and safe place to meet offering toilets, lockers, changing rooms with showers and fitness equipment. The clubhouse is also lucky to have a bar which is open most evenings and the prices are very reasonable, any profits go towards the running of the club.
Bideford AAC owns the clubhouse and annual membership looks after the club’s maintenance, facilities and insurance costs as well as running the bar and minibus. Bideford AAC is run on a voluntary basis with all coaches, officials, committee members and helpers giving their time for free.
Club events for active members:
- New Year’s Day Two Bridges run, senior and junior course, followed by bring and share lunch, bar is also open, every runner wins a prize.
- Good Friday Relays mixed teams of juniors, male and females run around Bideford park, followed by bring and share lunch, bar is also open, every runners wins a prize.
- Summer Handicap Series six races run on the same course, with race prizes given in the club bar after each race
- The Pub Run, a fun-filled event raising money for charity.
- Various subsidised coach trips to races during the year usually including Taunton Marathon and half marathon and Weston Christmas Cracker 10k.
- Team events open only to club members such as Westward Cross Country League and the North Devon Relays.