Thursday 2 April
Confirming the instruction regarding travel and exercise: “stay local and use open spaces near to your home where possible – do not travel unnecessarily.” Travelling/driving to a location for your one form of exercise each day is deemed unnecessary, therefore all exercise/runs should start and finish at your household.
Tuesday 24 March
The latest instruction is “Stay at home, protect our NHS and save lives”. Only go outside for food, health reasons or if you are a key worker, at present we can still run; we can leave the house for “One form of exercise a day alone or with members of your household” please please stick to this instruction and if you see other members of the public stay 2 metres (6ft) away.
The 2020 Handicap Series along with the Good Friday Relays have been postponed due to the coronavirus, our aim is to hold club events later in the year if possible.
Sunday 22 March
For our members welfare and safety we advise our runners to no longer run in groups, please only run solo or with those you live with.
Tuesday 17 March
As of immediate effect Bideford Amateur Athletic Club have:
- Cancelled all running and rowing training and groups until further notice.
- Closed the clubhouse until further notice. Strictly no admission or access to boat house, bar, changing rooms, showers, hall or fitness equipment.
- Bideford 10k has been postponed until Sunday 20 September, all race entries have been transferred to this new date inline with Race terms and conditions.
The Harrier’s running section is following advice from England Athletics whose statement specifies ‘England Athletics advises that all face-to-face activity such as club training sessions, events, competitions, club committee and face-to-face meetings, athlete camps, running groups and social events should be suspended until at least the end of April.’
As a result, the Good Friday Relays will be postponed with the aim to hold a similar club relay event running for chocolate later in the year. All members will be kept up to date with any further club event or race cancellation or postponement.
Read the full England Athletic Coronavirus statement here.
The rowing section is following advice from British Rowing.
- Wash your hands with soap and water often – do this for at least 20 seconds
- Always wash your hands when you get home or into work
- Use hand sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze
- Put used tissues in the bin immediately and wash your hands afterwards
- Avoid close contact with people who have symptoms of coronavirus
- Do not touch your eyes, nose or mouth if your hands are not clean
- Use phone, online services, or apps to contact your GP surgery or other NHS services
Bideford Amateur Athletic Club will continue to monitor the guidance available from public bodies and please be assured our members wellbeing is of the upmost importance and will keep you informed of any club updates.