The below details the Government’s Guidelines relating to exercise along with the club’s advice, for further clarification read the full Government instruction. For more club information or to support your club at this time please get in touch with the the Main Committee direct or via your Section Committee. Contact details can be found here.
Wednesday 12 August – Harriers running section update
Tuesday and Thursday senior running groups are re-starting on Tuesday 18 August. For running members only and to attend places MUST be booked. We kindly ask runners are familiar with the Running group rules and Risk Assessment. For specific details and updates please contact the Harriers Running Committee.
Thursday 6 August – Rowing section update
The boathouse is re-opening on Saturday 8 August at weekends only. It is for rowing members only and we kindly ask rowers are familiar with the Rowing protocol and Risk Assessment. Apologies, we can not accept new rowing members at this time due to COVID-19 restrictions by governing bodies. For specific details and updates please contact the Rowing Committee.
Sunday 26 July – Clubhouse hall reopening
The clubhouse has been deep cleaned and the downstairs hall is opening on Tuesday 28 July! It will be available for booking Tuesday, Thursday and Friday from approximately 4pm to 9pm. It is for members use only and we kindly ask you are all familiar with the risk assessment along with the rules of use which includes the booking information. For specific details and updates on running and rowing please contact your individual committees.
Thursday 16 July – Update from the Main Club Committee
We are aiming to open the clubhouse hall only from Tuesday 28 July on designated days and at certain times. There will be a simple but strict booking system for the hall and its training equipment which will be available Tuesday, Thursday and Friday, 4pm to 9pm, outside of these times may be arranged. There will be access to one toilet but no changing, showering or storage facilities. Hand sanitiser will be available in various locations and a cleaning regime will be in place; before opening the clubhouse will be deep cleaned using a fogging system. More details and information on use and access will be published nearer the time. As always the safety of our members is of the utmost importance.
Friday 3 July – Update from the Harriers Committee
Following a Harriers Committee meeting work has started on identifying how to resume some level of club activity in the near future with the safety of both club members and the wider community the primary consideration, and of course subject to Government Guidelines. Look out for further information to follow via email.
Thursday 2 July
The following government guidelines relating to exercise take effect on Saturday 4 July, along with the club’s advice:
- Exercise or play sport outside in groups of up to six people from other households but maintain social distancing from those you do not live with. You should stay 2m apart or ‘1m plus’, which is one metre plus mitigations; being outside is a mitigation, therefore, runners in groups should maintain at least 1m distance with each other. This should ideally be side by side and not facing each other.
- Kindly be respectful to the community while running solo or in informal small groups; do not put members of the public at risk and be aware of their potential nervousness regarding coronavirus by sticking to 2m social distancing where possible.
- If you, someone in your household (including your support bubble) or anyone you have been in contact with, shows COVID-19 symptoms, such as a dry cough, high temperature or loss of taste, you should stay at home.
- Travel to outdoor open space irrespective of distance for exercise and outdoor activity, as long as you do not put others at risk. You should avoid sharing a private vehicle with anyone outside of your household.
- Sadly the clubhouse remains closed for now; junior training has been postponed to at least September and runners speed training will continue to be on hold. The rowing and running committees will be in touch with their sections.
Thursday 25 June – Update from the Main Club Committee
The Main Committee has put together a plan for re-opening the downstairs of the clubhouse, but as the latest guidelines state that indoor fitness centres, gyms and sports venues/facilities cannot re-open the clubhouse will sadly remain closed for now. The bar will also remain closed as the safety and social distancing requirements are not achievable or fair on the volunteers who work behind the bar. Junior training has been postponed to at least September and runners speed training will continue to be on hold. The rowing and running committees will be in touch with their sections.
This is not the news the committee was hoping to give but we remain positive that our next update will be different. Thank you for your continued understanding.
If you have any questions, would like more information or support the club please just get in touch with the main club committee direct or via your section committee.
Find out more