Sunday 10 March 2024, 10.30am
UK Athletics/Run Britain event licence number: 2024-47318
Certificate of Course Accuracy 20/085
Run the Bideford Half Marathon – the swift half! Runners of all abilities are welcome and will receive a new 2024 medal bespoke to each of our races as well as a t-shirt. The top 6 male and female runners win a cash prize; £250 for 1st man and woman plus a £50 bonus if the winner sets a new course record – male 01:05:35 (2023), female 01:17:15.
The race starts and finishes very close to Bideford Amateur Athletic Club and takes in magnificent countryside alongside the River Torridge between Bideford and Great Torrington. The course is half on roads and half on the Tarka Trail, you even get to run through a tunnel and is moderately flat. Please read the race day programme to familiarise yourself with the race and course as well as safety information.
There will be pacers at the race to help runners achieve times TBC.
Kindly sponsored by:
Medals, prizes and trophies…
- Cash prizes for the 1st 6 men and women runners: 1st £250, 2nd £175, 3rd, £100, 4th £80, 5th £60, 6th £40
- £50 for the winning man or woman setting a new course record – male 01:05:35 (2023), female 01:17:15
- All runners receive a new 2024 medal bespoke to each of our races as well as a t-shirt
- Category trophies for: U20 male and female: 1st only; Senior female to V75 female: 1st, 2nd and 3rd; Senior male to V75 male: 1st, 2nd and 3rd. Bottle of fizz for the 1st runner in each category. Category results for male and female U20 and senior to V75
- Trophy for best single fancy dress
All prizes and trophies will be available at the prize presentation in the clubhouse. All race positions and category trophies are based on gun to chip times
Join the Facebook Bideford Half Marathon event | #BidefordHalf
- Please read the Race T&Cs and Cancellation policy\
- No walkers. This is for the safety and wellbeing of participants and marshals as sections of the race are on open roads. Participants need to be able to complete the race in an average of 15 minutes per mile, or faster, and within the 3 hours 17 minutes cut-off time. Those ignoring this rule will be withdrawn from the event and marked as disqualified on the results. Bideford AAC thanks you for respecting this rule
- Headphones and earphones (including bone-conducting versions) can not be worn during the race. Bideford AAC thanks you for respecting this rule
- Race place transfers closed at 11pm on Monday 19 February 2024. To transfer your race place follow these instructions
- For entry enquiries (including transfers and updating your details) visit the Race Nation support centre. To update your details (such as contact details including postal address) simply log into My Race Nation
- Online entries close at 8pm on Friday 8 March 2024, or when the race reaches capacity, 1,200 runners
- T-shirt sizes will be allocated as per the original entry and can only be substituted after all finishers T-shirts have been handed out after the race. We aim to supply the size requested to all runners but they are not guaranteed
- Race assembly is close to the Bideford Amateur Athletic Club clubhouse at 10.20am. Race start 10.30am
- No dogs or wheeled devices permitted. Participants ignoring this rule will be disqualified and withdrawn from the event. Bideford AAC thanks you for respecting this rule
- Baggage store, changing facilities and showers will be available in the clubhouse. Portable toilets will be outside and signposted. There are also public toilets on the quay and by Riverbank car park
- Refreshments will be available throughout the day at the clubhouse and the club bar will be open from midday
- Pay and display car parking is within walking distance of the clubhouse and race start including the Cattle Market car park (EX39 2QG) and Riverbank car park (EX39 2QS). Competitors are requested not to park in the nearby Morrisons
- On race day participants should undertake a self-assessment for COVID-19; we kindly request participants do not attend the event if test positive or have COVID-19 symptoms.