Talk about swift half!
UK Athletics/Run Britain event licence number: TBC
Certificate of Course Accuracy 20/085
This running race starts and finishes very close to Bideford Amateur Athletic Club and takes in magnificent countryside alongside the River Torridge between Bideford and Great Torrington. The course is half on roads and half on the Tarka Trail, you even get to run through a tunnel. The race is moderately flat, view the course.
There will be 5 pacers at the race to help runners achieve the following times: 1hr 30mins, 1hr 45mins, 1hr 55mins, 2hrs and 2hrs 10mins.
Kindly sponsored by:
Medals, prizes and trophies…
- All finishers will receive a t-shirt and medal.
- Cash prizes for the first six male and female finishers (£100/£90/£80/£70/£60/£50)
- Break the male / female course record for an extra £50 (male 01:06:09, female 01:17:15)
- Bottle of fizz for the first runner in each category
- Category trophies for: U20 male and female: 1st only; Senior female to V70 female: 1st, 2nd and 3rd; Senior male to V75 male: 1st, 2nd and 3rd. Category results for male and female U20 and senior to V75.
- Trophy for best single fancy dress
All prizes and trophies will be available at the prize presentation in the clubhouse. All race positions and category trophies are based on gun to chip times
Join the Facebook Bideford Half Marathon event | #BidefordHalf
- Please read the Race T&Cs and Cancellation policy.
- To transfer your race place follow these instructions. Race place transfers close Monday 21 February 11pm.
- For entry enquiries (including transfers and updating your details) visit the Race Nation support centre. To update your details (such as contact details including postal address) simply log into My Race Nation
- Online entries close on Monday 21 February 11pm, or when the race reaches capacity, 1,200 runners.
- On race day competitors must undertake a self-assessment for COVID-19; competitors must not travel to or attend the event if test positive, have been contacted to self-isolate, have any COVID-19 symptoms or have been in contact with anyone who has. Competitors are encouraged to take a lateral flow test on the morning of the race.
- T-shirt sizes will be allocated as per the original entry and can only be substituted after all finishers T-shirts have been handed out after the race. We aim to supply the size requested to all runners but they are not guaranteed.
- Race assembly is close to the Bideford Amateur Athletic Club clubhouse at 10.20am. Race start 10.30am.
- The cut-off time for this running race is 3 hours 15 minutes, the route will not be marshalled after this time and participants will be considered DNF. No walkers, dogs or wheeled devices permitted.
- Headphones and earphones (including bone conducting) can not be worn during the race.
- We hope baggage store, changing facilities and showers will be available in the clubhouse. Portable toilets will be outside and signposted. There are also public toilets on the quay and by Riverbank car park.
- We hope refreshments will be available throughout the day at the clubhouse and the club bar will be open from 12noon.
- Pay and display car parking is within walking distance of the clubhouse and race start including the Cattle Market car park (EX39 2QG) and Riverbank car park (EX39 2QS). Competitors are requested not to park in the nearby Morrisons.