Sunday 5 November 2023
Possibly the fastest 10 Miler in Devon!
UK Athletics/Run Britain event licence number: 2023-46710
Certificate of Course Accuracy 19/580
Run the Bideford 10 Miler and support North Devon Hospice! The top 3 male and female runners win a cash prize, £250 for 1st man and woman plus a £50 bonus if the winner sets a new course record – male 49:58 (2022), female 57:46 (2018). Of course, runners of all abilities are welcome and will receive a new 2023 medal bespoke to each of our races as well as a t-shirt.
The race starts and finishes very close to the Bideford Amateur Athletic Club Clubhouse and takes in magnificent views of the Taw and Torridge estuary. The course heads out on roads and returns on the Tarka Trail, you even get to run through a tunnel. The race is moderately flat, with only three small inclines.
There will be pacers at the race to help runners achieve times: TBC
Kindly sponsored by:
Medals, prizes and trophies…
- Cash prizes for the 1st 3 men and women runners: 1st £250, 2nd £175, 3rd £100. Bottle of fizz for the 1st man and woman
- £50 for the winning man or woman setting a new course record – male 49:58 (2022), female 57:46 (2018)
- All finishers receive a new 2023 medal bespoke to each of our races as well as a t-shirt
- Category trophies for: U20 male and female: 1st only; Senior female to V70 female: 1st, 2nd and 3rd; Senior male to V75 male: 1st, 2nd and 3rd. Category results for male and female U20 and senior to V75
All prizes and trophies will be available at the prize presentation in the clubhouse. All race positions and category trophies are based on gun to chip times. The Race Director’s decision is final.
Join the Facebook Bideford 10 Mile event • #Bideford10Mile
- Please read the Race T&Cs and Cancellation policy
- No walkers. This is for the safety and wellbeing of participants and marshals as sections of the race are on open roads. Participants need to be able to complete the race in an average of 15 minutes per mile, or faster, and within the 2 hours 30 minutes cut-off time. Those ignoring this rule will be withdrawn from the event and marked as disqualified on the results. Bideford AAC thanks you for respecting this rule
- Headphones and earphones (including bone-conducting versions) can not be worn during the race. Bideford AAC thanks you for respecting this rule
- To transfer your race place follow these instructions. Race place transfers close at 11pm on Monday 16 October 2023
- For entry enquiries (including transfers and updating your details) visit the Race Nation support centre. To update your details (such as contact details including postal address) simply log into My Race Nation
- Online entries close at 8pm on Friday 3 November 2023 or when the race reaches capacity, 1,000 runners
- T-shirt sizes will be allocated as per the original entry and can only be substituted after all finishers T-shirts have been handed out after the race. We aim to supply the size requested to all runners but they are not guaranteed
- Race assembly is at 10.20am, at the entrance of Riverbank car park which is close to the Bideford Amateur Athletic Club clubhouse. Race start 10.30am
- No dogs or wheeled devices permitted. Participants ignoring this rule will be disqualified and withdrawn from the event. Bideford AAC thanks you for respecting this rule
- Baggage store, changing facilities and showers will be available in the clubhouse. Portable toilets will be outside and signposted. There are also public toilets on the quay and by Riverbank car park
- Refreshments will be available throughout the day at the clubhouse and the club bar will be open from midday
- Pay and display car parking is within walking distance of the clubhouse and race start including the Cattle Market car park (EX39 2QG) and Riverbank car park (EX39 2QS). Participants are requested not to park in the nearby Morrisons
- On race day participants should undertake a self-assessment for COVID-19; we kindly request participants do not attend the event if test positive or have COVID-19 symptoms.