The Bideford AAC Handicap Series is going virtual for 2020! A series of four member only 5 mile events taking place in May, June, July and August.
How it works:
- After entering all participants will be given a handicap time, which may be adjusted after each event at organiser’s discretion
- Senior participants choose their own 5 mile (8k) route, junior participants chose either a 3 mile or 2k route; the start and finish must be in the same place and accessible from your household without the need to travel/drive
- Participants must run the same route for all four events.
- Activities must be run, and results submitted within the following dates:
Event week 1: Monday 25 to Sunday 31 May
Event week 2: Monday 22 to Sunday 28 June
Event week 3: Monday 20 to Sunday 26 July
Event week 4: Monday 17 to Sunday 23 August
- Results will be based on total elapsed time, not moving time.
Entries now closed
Senior Virtual enquiries please contact Candy Jewell or Gemma Steele
Junior Virtual enquiries please contact Tracey Wilson or Louise Pilkington
- Run time will be added to handicap time for each event and first fastest runner will receive 100 points, second 99 points and so on.
- One-off bonus points will also be awarded on event 1 for elevation, the route with the most elevation will receive 100 bonus points, second 99 points and so on.
Senior Results Submission
- Smart watch or Strava must be used to record the run. If using Strava, participants should be a member of the Bideford AAC Strava Club.
- Uploaded runs for submission must be named as follows for each event: Handicap Event 1, Handicap Event 2, Handicap Event 3 and Handicap Event 4.
- Only ONE run per participant must be named as stated above during each Event Week; if you have multiple attempts at the run do not name it until you know which run you want to submit as your result.
- For senior participants not on Strava you must email a link or screen shot of your recorded activity to email@example.com before the end of each Event Week. Only one run per Event Week should be submitted.
- To complete series and place in the overall results participants need to run all four events.
- Participants must adhere to the Government’s coronavirus instruction and social distancing guidelines while completing runs (must be alone or with members of your household, stay at least 2 metres (6ft) away from other members of the public, do not travel/drive to exercise location). Please view our coronavirus update for more information.
- Strictly fully paid active club members only. If you would like to take part and are not a member of Bideford AAC, simply sign up online before Friday 15 May and then get in touch for entry information.
Participants take part at their own risk, Bideford AAC accept no liability for loss, damage, action, claim, costs or expenses, which may arise in consequence of participation in the events. Participants must adhere to the current Government Guidelines on social distancing and exercise.