With our virtual runs you can run your chosen distance (10k, 10 mile or half marathon) at any time, at any location, at your own pace while also completing your 2016, 2017 or 2018 medal set from our three races.
The entry fee also includes a donation to one of our local charities Children’s Hospice South West.
It’s easy to complete a Virtual Run and your medal set:
- Just enter the run for your missed distance – Half Marathon, 10k and 10 Miler
- Run the race distance at any time, at any location and at any pace – it can be a social/training run or a race
- Email Bideford AAC with evidence that you have done it! This can be by sharing your GPS tracked run (ie Garmin, Strava or Fitbit activity), or a race result.
- Once we have verified your run we will post your medal to you.
It really is that simple, and the entry fee just cover our costs, postage and packing as well as a £2 donation to Children’s Hospice South West, but if you are a local runner and able to collect your medal from our clubhouse we will also donate the postage to CHSW too!
The distance must be completed after the date you have entered the Virtual Run. Participants can only enter each virtual run once and qualify for one medal. Each year our medals have been unique to each race and stack together, in 2016 the medals were bronze, silver in 2017 and gold in 2018.
Virtual Runs terms and conditions
- To qualify for the Virtual Run you must have completed at least one other Bideford AAC race in the year of the medal you have entered (Bideford Half Marathon, Bideford 10k, Bideford 10 Miler).
- Participants can only enter each virtual run once and qualify for one medal. Duplicate entries will not receive more than one medal.
- The distance must be completed after the date you have have entered the Virtual Run.
- Participants must be age 15 to run the 10k and age 17 to run the 10 Miler or Half Marathon
- Entry fees are non-refundable.
- Run places can not be transferred between runners, deferred or transferred to another of our races.
- All participants take part at their own risk, Bideford Amateur Athletic Club, or any party acting on their behalf, cannot be held responsible for any injuries, loss, damages or expense which may arise in consequence of your participation in this event.
- All participants will be treated as having completed the Virtual Run once the required evidence of your completion has been received by Bideford Amateur Athletic Club. Examples of the required evidence are stated above. Any question as to whether sufficient evidence is provided will be determined solely at the discretion of Bideford Amateur Athletic Club. We will send the race medal(s) to each participant who provides the required evidence of completion. Medals are sent by post within a reasonable time of completing the race to the address provided by you during the race entry process. It is your responsibility to ensure that your address and any other details are correct and we will not be responsible or liable to you if these details are incorrect.
- Personal information provided when entering events, such as your contact details, date of birth, gender and emergency contact details, will be used for race administration and health and safety. Bideford Amateur Athletic Club and/or the Online Race Entry Provider may send email communications, postal mail and texts to race entrants regarding event participation as we have a legitimate interest in providing you with essential information and race updates.
- Bideford Amateur Athletic Club’s decision is final.
- Bideford Amateur Athletic Club reserves the right to update theses terms and conditions at any time.