Welcome to the Bideford Amateur Athletic Club locally known as Bideford Blues. Predominantly a running and rowing club we offer senior and junior recreational and competitive opportunities. We're friendly, sociable and warmly welcome members of all abilities; our clubhouse offers our members excellent training and social facilities.
Bideford AAC is run on a voluntary basis with all coaches, officials, committee members and helpers giving their time for free.
The club was formed in 1870 as a gymnastic club and in 1897 the Rowing Section was born. It wasn’t until 1980 that Geoff Fanson and Barry White founded the present day Running Section.
Handicap Race Series 2019
Six races run over the same course
North Devon Relays 2019
The final race is Wednesday 24 July,
Bideford 10 Miler 2019
Sunday 3 November 2019
Race Final: Thursday 18 July – members only,
don’t forget to bring a plate of food
Runners start times
hosted by Bideford AAC, we need marshals please
Joining Bideford AAC
Tuesday and Thursday 6pm, group runs, 4-5 miles, all members welcome, approx one hour
Tuesday and Thursday 7.15pm group runs, 3-4 miles.
Wednesday 6pm, coached training sessions for mixed abilities
Wednesday 6pm from January to April (ish), 9/10 mile non-stop run.
You are very welcome to try a few sessions before committing to joining. There is no additional charge for any of our training groups or sessions, all coaches and group leaders are volunteers and give their time for free. We can also offer advanced training sessions for faster runners.
Please get in touch with the rowing section as training depends on tide times.
For rowing children must be age 11 and above.
For athletics/running children must be age 9 and above, however there is currently a waiting list and we are unable to take your child's details before their 9th birthday.
- Lundy Trail Race14 July 2019Ronnie Richmond 2nd 1:28:25 smashing last year’s time by 8 minutes! Gary Suggate 4th in 01:43:07, James Jewell 02:03:08, Tom Ball 02:08:03, Charlie Davis 02:10:24, Steve Sanders 02:31:41, Don Marsh 02:41:34, Paul Sturtridge 03:59:21
- Sunset Runfest12 July 2019James Pugsley 2nd in 0:17:15, Gary Suggate 0:18:35, Shaun Woodhead 0:19:30, Mark Curtis 0:19:57, Chris Stone 0:20:16, John Shapland 0:20:41, Peter Rigler 0:21:12, Matt East 0:21:21, Lynsey Ayres 0:21:49, Sammy Antell 0:22:57, Dave Crowther 0:23:22, Sara Colvin 0:24:38, Gary Hatch 0:24:42, Annette Wilson 0:25:20. Leaha Davey 0:25:20, Elise Woodhead 0:25:47, Edwina Stevenson 0:25:53, Sarah Tate 0:26:03, Jenny Cameron 0:27:35, Jo Hedderly 0:28:17, Frank Dunlop 0:34:33
- Yeovilton 5k Series – Race 410 July 2019Aaron (Ronnie Richmond) 1st in 0:15:18, Mark Jenkin 2nd in 00:15:21, John Shapland 00:19:40, Karen Shapland 00:21:58
- Run Exe 5k race 42 July 2019John Shapland 19:35 (first in category), Peter Rigler 20:19, Jaden Rigler 24:27
- North Devon AONB 10k30 June 2019Keith Shapland 2nd in 0:40:56, Sammy Antell 1st lady in 00:48:51, Gemma Steele 01:04:42
- North Devon AONB half marathon30 June 2019Ronnie Richmond 1st and beating his own course record in 1:20:30, Michelle Bright 02:15:59, Clive Bright 02:16:26