Welcome to the Bideford Amateur Athletic Club locally known as Bideford Blues. Predominantly a running and rowing club we offer senior and junior recreational and competitive opportunities. We're friendly, sociable and warmly welcome members of all abilities; our clubhouse offers our members excellent training and social facilities.
Bideford AAC is run on a voluntary basis with all coaches, officials, committee members and helpers giving their time for free.
The club was formed in 1870 as a gymnastic club and in 1897 the Rowing Section was born. It wasn’t until 1980 that Geoff Fanson and Barry White founded the present day Running Section.
The 25th Bideford Half Marathon
Sunday 3 March 2019 – ENTER ONLINE
Bideford 10k 2019
Sunday 12 May 2019 – Online entries opening soon
New Years Day Two Bridges 2019
Tuesday 1 January 2019, 10.30am registration, 11am start
Talk about a quick half
A popular run between Bideford and Instow
Members only, hangovers at own discretion!
- Brighton Marathon via the England Athletics Club entryWe are pleased to announce that England Athletics registered athletes can now apply for a guaranteed entry into the 2019 Brighton Marathon. Entry costs £75, are limited and must be applied for through Bideford AAC.
If you are interested in entering the Brighton Marathon via the England Athletics Club entry, please get in touch with us by Monday 2 December in time for our December committee meeting. We can then aim to get entries confirmed ASAP as we appreciate members may want to start training for the marathon in the new year.
- Virtual Runs
Did you take part in one or more of our races in 2016 or 2017 but were unable to complete all three races so did not complete the medal collection?
We are very pleased to announce you can now run the missed distance and claim your medal with our Virtual Runs which also support Children's Hospice South West - Limited places/medals available
- Combe Crawler25 November 2018Stephen Cameron 2nd in 1:01:48, Steve Sanders 1:21:15, Steve Crowther 1:22:39, Don Marsh 1:23:45, Amy Hawkes 1:24:53, Carl Webb 1:28:41, Darren Bridle 1:34:43
- British and Irish Masters Cross Country International18 November 2018Running in the England squad Julie Dixon ran 23:07 claiming silver in her category, in the 6k Open Race John Shapland finished 1st in 24:18
- Tal2118 November 2018Martin Colwill 1st in 1:26:24, Kathryn Beades 1:57:36 (4th female)
- Drogo 1018 November 2018Josh Ward 1:23:17, Carl Webb 1:40:43,
- Westward League Cross Country – Newquay11 November 2018
Senior ladies (5340m): Julie Dixon 5th in 21:00, Leanne Glover 25:02, Helen Colwill 27:48, Edwina Stevenson 29:41
U13 girls (2570m): Ailis Temple-Thurston 10:31
U11 girls (1640m): Freya Woodhead 5:57
Senior men (8680m): Ronnie Richmond 2nd in 29:11, James Pugsley 31:03, Mark Jenkin 31:11, Ian Gooding 31:41, Andy Ingle 32:13
U17 men (5340m): Flynn Jennings 17:40, William Figes 22:04
U15 boys (3240m): Jamie Milsom 12:07, James Figes 14:22
- Bideford 10 Mile 20184 November 2018
Exmouth Harrier's Tom Merson was 1st in 00:51:06, Ronnie Richmond from Bideford AAC 2nd in 00:51:06 and Mark Jenkin from Bideford AAC 3rd in 00:52:24Individual results • Category results
The fastest lady was Ruth Barnes from Avon Valley Runners in 0:57:46, followed by Hannah Taunton from Taunton Athletic Club in 1:01:00