Welcome to the Bideford Amateur Athletic Club locally known as Bideford Blues. Predominantly a running and rowing club we offer senior and junior recreational and competitive opportunities. We're friendly, sociable and warmly welcome members of all ages and abilities; our clubhouse offers our members excellent training and social facilities.
Bideford AAC is run on a voluntary basis with all coaches, officials, committee members and helpers giving their time for free.
The club was formed in 1870 as a gymnastic club and in 1897 the rowing section was born. It wasn’t until 1980 that Geoff Fanson and Barry White founded the present day Harriers running section.
Bideford 10 Miler 2018
Sunday 4 November 2018 – ENTER ONLINE
Bideford Half Marathon 2019
Sunday 3 March 2019 – Online entries opening soon
Bideford 10k 2019
Sunday 12 May 2019 – Online entries opening soon
Possibly the fastest 10 Miler in Devon
Talk about a quick half
A popular run between Bideford and Instow
- New beginners running group
- New speed training sessionsDue to the popularity of our Tuesday and Thursday speed training sessions we are now providing extra training for Wednesday evenings!
These sessions are open to both new and existing members and will be at an intermediate level and aimed at runners of all abilities who would like to improve their speed, strength and endurance and who may not have taken part in this sort of training before. For more information contact email@example.com
- Coaches, group leaders and helpersThe running section are always looking for volunteers to help with coaching, leading running groups or training sessions and general helpers.
If you would like to get involved with Bideford's long standing athletics club please get in touch
- Round the Rock 10k, PortlandNeil Marke 0:44:07, Linda Eastmond 0:52:52
- Yeovilton 5k Series, Race 5Ronnie Richmond 2nd in 14:59 (pb), Dan Mapp 5th in 15:21 (pb), Flynn Jennings 8th in 16:02 (pb), Andy Ingle 16:34, Keith Shapland 16:36, James Jewell 17:43, Julie Dixon 17:48, Gary Blight 18:36, John Shapland 19:06, Jo Bedler 20:08, Leanne Glover 20:18 (pb), Karen Shapland 21:27, Gemma Steele 26:58
- Run Exe 5k round 5Shaun Antell 1st in 14:51, John Shapland 19:39
- Indian Queens HalfMark Jenkin 1st in 1:11:32, Ian Gooding 4th in 1:17:01, Andrew Ingle 6th in 1:19:25, Michelle Bright 1:54:15, Clive Bright 1:58:53
- British Masters 10k Road Championships – Stoke on TrentMartin Colwill 0:39:07 (4th in category)
- North Devon Relays 2018
Senior Men – 1st Bideford AAC, 2nd South Molton Strugglers, 3rd Ilfracombe RC
Vet Men – 1st South Molton, 2nd Bideford AAC, 3rd Ilfracombe RC
Vet Men 50 – 1st North Devon Road Runners, 2nd Ilfracombe RC, 3rd Torrington AC
Vet Men 55 – 1st Bideford AAC, 2nd Torrington AC, 3rd Ilfracombe RC
Senior Ladies – 1st Ilfracombe RC, 2nd Torrington AC, 3rd Bideford AAC
Vet Ladies – 1st Bideford AAC, 2nd Ilfracombe RC, 3rd North Devon Road Runners
Vet Ladies 50 - 1st Torrington AC, 2nd North Devon Road Runners, 3rd Fremington Trailblazers
Junior Boys – 1st Bideford AAC
Junior Girls – 1st Bideford AAC
Junior Mixed - 1st Torrington AC, 2nd Bideford AAC, 3rd Fremington Trailblazers