Welcome to the Bideford Amateur Athletic Club locally known as Bideford Blues. Predominantly a running and rowing club we offer senior and junior recreational and competitive opportunities. We're friendly, sociable and warmly welcome members of all abilities; our clubhouse offers our members excellent training and social facilities.
Bideford AAC is run on a voluntary basis with all coaches, officials, committee members and helpers giving their time for free.
The club was formed in 1870 as a gymnastic club and in 1897 the Rowing Section was born. It wasn’t until 1980 that Geoff Fanson and Barry White founded the present day Running Section.
Bideford 10k 2019
Sunday 12 May 2019 – Online entries open
Good Friday Relays
Friday 19 April 2019 – members only
Handicap Race Series 2019
Six races run over the same course
A popular run between Bideford and Instow
Every member gets an Easter Egg and it’s free to enter
Race 1: Thursday 25 April – members only
Runners start times for race 1
Joining Bideford AAC
Tuesday and Thursday 6pm, group runs, 4-5 miles, all members welcome, approx one hour
Tuesday and Thursday 7.15pm group runs, 3-4 miles.
Wednesday 6pm, coached training sessions for mixed abilities
Wednesday 6pm from January to April (ish), 9/10 mile non-stop run.
You are very welcome to try a few sessions before committing to joining. There is no additional charge for any of our training groups or sessions.
Please get in touch with the rowing section as training depends on tide times.
For rowing children must be age 11 and above.
For athletics/running children must be age 9 and above, however there is currently a waiting list and we are unable to take your child's details before their 9th birthday.
- Brighton Marathon14 April 2019It was pb’s all round: Gary Suggate ran 2:52:09, Lorraine Clements 3:39:20 and Helen Colwill 3:46:38
- Paris Marathon14 April 2019Jason Dalling ran a pb time 3:25:06
- Brighton 10k14 April 2019Even more pb’s for Shaun Antell who finished 10th in 29:13 and Dan Mapp 30:59
- Yeovilton 5k Series – Race 110 April 2019Flynn ‘Flying’ Jennings 3rd in 15:06 (1st in category), Jamie Milson 17:31, Peter Rigler 19:31, Luke Rigler 21:18, Alis Temple-Thurston 21:32, Beth Temple-Thurston 21:49
- Taunton Half Marathon7 April 2019It was a super Sunday for our Blues family with Mark Jenkins winning the Taunton Half Marathon in 1:08:55, almost one minute clear for the 2nd place winner Full club results from Taunton half marathon: Mark Jenkin 1:08:55, Gary Blight 1:21:47 (pb), Keith Shapland 1:25:58, Dan Manning 1:41:12, Michelle Bright 1:46:33, Clive Bright 1:47:23, Candy Jewell 1:48:49, Sue Standford 1:57:21, Tim Lane 1:58:51, Dave Eldridge 1:58:42, Gemma Steele 2:04:39
- Taunton Marathon7 April 2019Amy Hawkes 3:46:08 (1st in category), Jim Murray 4:03:24, Ruthy Taylor 4:35:11