Welcome to the Bideford Amateur Athletic Club locally known as Bideford Blues. Predominantly a running and rowing club we offer senior and junior recreational and competitive opportunities. We're friendly, sociable and warmly welcome members of all abilities; our clubhouse offers our members excellent training and social facilities.
Bideford AAC is run on a voluntary basis with all coaches, officials, committee members and helpers giving their time for free.
The club was formed in 1870 as a gymnastic club and in 1897 the Rowing Section was born. It wasn’t until 1980 that Geoff Fanson and Barry White founded the present day Running Section.
Bideford 10k 2019
Sunday 12 May 2019 – Online entries open
Complete your 2016 or 2017 Bideford medal collection with our Virtual Runs, raising money for Children’s Hospice South West. Run your missed race distance in your own time..
Good Friday Relays
Friday 19 April 2019 – members only
A popular run between Bideford and Instow
Every member gets an Easter Egg and it’s free to enter
Joining Bideford AAC
Tuesday and Thursday 6pm, group runs, 4-5 miles, all members welcome, approx one hour
Tuesday and Thursday 7.15pm group runs, 3-4 miles.
Wednesday 6pm, coached training sessions for mixed abilities
Wednesday 6pm from January to April (ish), 9/10 mile non-stop run.
You are very welcome to try a few sessions before committing to joining. There is no additional charge for any of our training groups or sessions.
Please get in touch with the rowing section as training depends on tide times.
For rowing children must be age 11 and above.
For athletics/running children must be age 9 and above, however there is currently a waiting list and we are unable to take your child's details before their 9th birthday.
- The Grizzly10 March 2019The Grizzly 2019 is the ‘Trails of the Unexpected’ 20 miles with more than 3,000ft ascent! So hats off to Stephen Cameron who came 17th in 2:36:00 and Dave Eldridge who finished in 4:34:04 as part of his London Marathon Training.
- Barcelona Marathon10 March 2019Jim Murray ran 3:22:12 and Ruthy Taylor 4:56:25
- Westward League Cross Country – Redruth3 March 2019
U11 girls: Freya Woodhead 1st in 5:39
Freya Woodhead 2nd in category, Julie Dixon 2nd overall and 1st category
Flynn Jennings 2nd in category, Ronnie Richmond 1st overall, Mark Jenkin 1st in category, Ian Gooding 1st in category
- Bideford Half Marathon 20193 March 2019
Congratulations to everyone who ran our 25th Bideford Half Marathon
Ronnie Richmond from Bideford AAC was 1st in 1:07:36, Shaun Antell from Bideford AAC was 2nd in 01:10:53, Jim Cole from Tavistock was 3rd in 1:11:16
The fastest lady was Katie Synge-Curtis from Hereford Couriers in 01:20:34, followed by Rebecca Ezra from Tamar Trotters in 1:21:45, Katie Drew from Taunton AC was 3rd in 1:22:27
- Castle Hill Corker17 February 2019Gary Suggate 4th in 0:44:17 (1st in category), Gary Blight 0:46:30 (2nd in category), Don Marsh 0:54:18 (3rd in category), Steve Sanders 0:57:38, Amy Hawkes 0:57:45 (1st in category), Holly Webbe 0:57:51, Andrew Webbe 0:58:47, Phil Lacey 0:59:22, Stephen Reeeves 1:02:35, Amanda Reeves 1:02:40 (2nd in category), Darren Bridle 01:04:46, Edwina 1:07:38 (1st in category), Andy Walter 1:08:07, Steve Heywood 1:20:22
- Armagh 5k14 February 2019Dan Mapp 14:54 (pb)