Welcome to the Bideford Amateur Athletic Club locally known as Bideford Blues. Predominantly a running and rowing club we offer senior and junior recreational and competitive opportunities. We're friendly, sociable and warmly welcome members of all abilities; our clubhouse offers our members excellent training and social facilities.
Bideford AAC is run on a voluntary basis with all coaches, officials, committee members and helpers giving their time for free.
The club was formed in 1870 as a gymnastic club and in 1897 the Rowing Section was born. It wasn’t until 1980 that Geoff Fanson and Barry White founded the present day Running Section.
The 25th Bideford Half Marathon
Sunday 3 March 2019 – ENTER ONLINE
Bideford 10k 2019
Sunday 12 May 2019 – Online entries opening soon
Complete your 2016 or 2017 Bideford medal collection with our Virtual Runs, raising money for Children’s Hospice South West. Run your missed race distance in your own time..
Talk about a quick half
A popular run between Bideford and Instow
Joining Bideford AAC
Tuesday and Thursday 6pm, group runs, 4-5 miles, all members welcome, approx one hour
Tuesday and Thursday 7.15pm group runs, 3-4 miles.
Wednesday 6pm, coached training sessions for mixed abilities
Wednesday 6pm from January to April (ish), 9/10 mile non-stop run.
You are very welcome to try a few sessions before committing to joining. There is no additional charge for any of our training groups or sessions.
Please get in touch with the rowing section as training depends on tide times.
For rowing children must be age 11 and above.
For athletics/running children must be age 9 and above, however there is currently a waiting list and we are unable to take your child's details before their 9th birthday.
- Westward League Cross Country – Stover10 February 2019
Senior ladies (5690m): Julie Dixon 24:59 (1st in category)
U11 girls (1630m): Freya Woodhead 2nd in 6:45
Senior men (8310m): Ronnie Richmond 2nd in 29:33, Mark Jenkin 4th in 30:07 (1st in category), Ian Gooding 33:11 (1st in category)
U17 men (5690m): Flynn Jennings 2nd in 20:40
U15 boys (4250m): Jamie Milsom 17:41
- Humdinger Half Marathon10 February 2019Andrew Pearson 1:37:06, Jim Murray 1:43:10, Candace Jewell 1:57:02, Ruthy Taylor 2:09:24
- Chichester Priory 10k3 February 2019Martin Colwill 0:35:35, Helen Colwill 0:51:09
- Exmouth Express Five Mile3 February 2019James Jewell 0:30:01, Gary Blight 0:30:18, Andy Pearson 0:33:00, Peter Rigler 0:33:50, Michelle Bright 0:38:00, Clive Blight 0:38:00, Candace Jewell 0:39:43, Tim Lane 0:41:14, Andy Walter 0:43:11, Gemma Steele 0:45:07
- SEAA Cross Country Championships26 January 2019At Parliament Hill in a strong field of 1,154 runners: Ronnie Richmond 16th in 0:47:31, Mark Jenkin 29th in 0:48:12
- Braunton 10k20 January 2019Dan Mapp 1st in 0:33:02, Stephen Cameron 2nd in 0:37:50, Matt East 0:44:44 (1st in category), Amy Hawkes 0:46:52, Elise Woodhead 0:49:00 (3rd in category), Peter Rigler 0:49:38, Susan Standford 0:54:08 (1st in category), Colin Mitchell 0:56:19, Gemma Steele 0:58:25, Amy Andrews 1:00:19, Tim Lane 1:07:54