Welcome to the Bideford Amateur Athletic Club locally known as Bideford Blues. Predominantly a running and rowing club we offer senior and junior recreational and competitive opportunities. We're friendly, sociable and warmly welcome members of all abilities; our clubhouse offers our members excellent training and social facilities.
Bideford AAC is run on a voluntary basis with all coaches, officials, committee members and helpers giving their time for free.
The club was formed in 1870 as a gymnastic club and in 1897 the Rowing Section was born. It wasn’t until 1980 that Geoff Fanson and Barry White founded the present day Running Section.
Bideford 10 Miler 2019
Sunday 3 November 2019
Bideford Half Marathon 2020
Sunday 8 March 2020
Bideford 10k 2020
Sunday 10 May 2020
ENTRIES OPEN SOON
ENTRIES OPEN SOON
Joining Bideford AAC
Tuesday and Thursday 6pm, group runs, 4-5 miles, all members welcome, approx one hour
Tuesday and Thursday 7.15pm group runs, 3-4 miles.
Wednesday 6pm, coached training sessions for mixed abilities
Wednesday 6pm from January to April (ish), 9/10 mile non-stop run.
You are very welcome to try a few sessions before committing to joining. There is no additional charge for any of our training groups or sessions, all coaches and group leaders are volunteers and give their time for free. We can also offer advanced training sessions for faster runners.
Please get in touch with the rowing section as training depends on tide times.
For rowing children must be age 11 and above.
For athletics/running children must be age 9 and above, however there is currently a waiting list and we are unable to take your child's details before their 9th birthday.
- Langport Battle of Sedgemoor 10k25 August 2019James Pugsley was 1st in 0:33:20, Keith ‘I’m not going to run’ Shapland 2nd in 0:35:21, Martin Colwill 0:38:52, James Jewell 0:39:24, Gary Blight 0:40:25, John Shapland 0:41:18, Karen Shapland 0:47:11, Helen Colwill 0:48:18, Sarah Colvin 0:48:27, Candy Jewell 0:53:17, Gemma Steele 0:57:12, Julia Glover 1:09:00
- Trailblazer 10k24 August 2019Peter Rigler 0:47:29, Jim Murray 0:47:52, John O’Donoghue 0:49:58 (his debut for the Blues, he should have been 1st as he was leading the race until he unfortunately missed the turning point!), Holly Webbe 0:52:16, Sammy Antell 0:53:41, Edwina Stevenson 0:57:06, Ali Blackman 0:58:34, John Sleep 1:00:22, Ruthy Taylor 1:00:32
- TrailBlazer 10 Mile24 August 2019Stephen Cameron 2nd in 1:03:20, Nick Sturbridge 1:22:53, Stacey Tanton 1:24:04.
- Woods and Water at Clatworthy Reservoir Dusk17 August 2019Susan Standford 0:51:53
- Woods and Water at Clatworthy Reservoir 5 Mile17 August 2019Steve Sanders 0:43:50, Don Marsh 0:47:06
- Woods and Water at Clatworthy Reservoir 10 Mile17 August 2019James Jewell 7th in 1:13:58, Jim Murray 1:27:56