Welcome to the Bideford Amateur Athletic Club locally known as Bideford Blues. Predominantly a running and rowing club we offer senior and junior recreational and competitive opportunities. We're friendly, sociable and warmly welcome members of all abilities; our clubhouse offers our members excellent training and social facilities.
Bideford AAC is run on a voluntary basis with all coaches, officials, committee members and helpers giving their time for free.
The club was formed in 1870 as a gymnastic club and in 1897 the rowing section was born. It wasn’t until 1980 that Geoff Fanson and Barry White founded the present day Harriers running section.
Bideford 10 Miler 2018
Sunday 4 November 2018 – ENTER ONLINE
Bideford Half Marathon 2019
Sunday 3 March 2019 – ENTER ONLINE
Bideford 10k 2019
Sunday 12 May 2019 – Online entries opening soon
Possibly the fastest 10 Miler in Devon
Talk about a quick half
A popular run between Bideford and Instow
- New beginners running group
- New speed training sessionsDue to the popularity of our Tuesday and Thursday speed training sessions we are now providing extra training for Wednesday evenings!
These sessions are open to both new and existing members and will be at an intermediate level and aimed at runners of all abilities who would like to improve their speed, strength and endurance and who may not have taken part in this sort of training before. For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Coaches, group leaders and helpersThe running section are always looking for volunteers to help with coaching, leading running groups or training sessions and general helpers.
If you would like to get involved with Bideford's long standing athletics club please get in touch
- Swansea Bay 10k16 September 2018Martin Colwill 0:35:54 (2nd in category), Helen Colwill 0:47:25
- Berlin Marathon16 September 2018Great performances and amazing times from our boys: Mark Jenkin 2:27:55, Ronnie Richmond 2:35:57, Ian Gooding 2:37:06 (new category club record), Andy Ingle 2:43:56 (pb)
- Killerton 10k16 September 2018Samantha Barnbrook 1:05:16
- Yeovilton 5k Series, Race 612 September 2018Flynn Jennings 00:15:38, James Pugsley 00:16:03 (pb), Keith Shapland 00:16:55, Julie Dixon 00:17:50, Gary Blight 00:18:24 (pb), John Shapland 00:18:45, Leanne Glover 00:20:02, Jo Bedler 00:20:05, Karen Shapland 00:20:40(pb)
- Run Exe 5k Round 64 September 2018Martin Colwill 0:17:30, John Shapland 0:19:28, Karen Shapland 0:21:26, Helen Colwill 0:24:22
- Treggy 72 September 2018Josh Ward 0:50:57